Small Business Ombudsman
The Small Business Ombudsman works with small businesses to ensure they receive timely answers to questions and timely resolution of issues involving state government. The Ombudsman also works with the small business community to identify problems in state government related to unnecessary delays, inconsistencies between regulatory agencies, and inefficient uses of state resources. This position was established by the 2004 session of the NC General Assembly in paragraph 143-B-432.1 of Section 13.9A.(e) of Article 10 of the General Statutes.
Additional activities of the Ombudsman are to:
- Provide easy access to information and resources
- Serve as a voice for the Entrepreneur
- Eliminate policy roadblocks and burdens
- Create an entrepreneur-friendly environment
- Support Governor Perdue's Regulatory Reform Initiative to level the playing field for small business
Please contact the Ombudsman with small business questions or concerns toll-free at 1-800-228-8443.